Skill level:Easy peasy
- 2tbsp light olive oil
- 1 aubergine, cut into chunks
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 250g carton baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 3 0g (10oz) garganelli or penne pasta
- Fresh basil leaves
- 100-150g (3½-5oz) soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Set the oven to gas mark 7 or 220°C.
- Pour olive oil into a roasting tin, add aubergine, courgettes, peppers and onion, and turn them to coat them lightly in oil. Place tin towards the top of oven, and roast the vegetables for 20 mins, then turn them over and roast them for a further 10-15 mins, or until they are starting to look golden.
- Remove tin from oven and add tomatoes, and then return to the oven for a further 10-15 mins, or until tomatoes have begun to soften.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the pasta. Cook it for 10-12 mins, or as directed on the packet, until it’s just cooked.
- Drain the pasta well and add it to the roasting tin with the vegetables, add the basil and mix well. Scatter over the crumbled goat’s cheese and serve immediately. (Not suitable for freezing).
Please note: calorie and fat values are for the maximum number of servings stated.Feature: Sue McMahon. Photos: David Jordan. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
fat 15.0g calories 446(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.