Impress your guests with inspirational restaurant-style dishes. No need to let on how simple they are to cook. This side of salmon is roasted with white wine, lemon juice and dill and served with buttery hollandaise sauce flavoured with horseradish. Very simple to make for entertaining.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 45g (1 1/2oz) butter
- 1kg (2¼lb) side of salmon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh dill leaves
- 150ml (5fl oz) dry white wine
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
For the hollandaise:
- 3 medium egg yolks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 150g (5oz) butter
- 1 tbsp hot horseradish
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Line a roasting tin with a sheet of foil. Rub some of the butter on the foil. Lay the salmon on the foil, skin-side down. Season, then sprinkle with the dill.
- Pour over the white wine and sprinkle with the lemon zest and juice. Dot with the rest of the butter. Roast for 20 minutes until the fish is tender, flaking and just turning golden.
- To make the hollandaise sauce: Whizz together egg yolks, lemon juice and wine with a pinch of salt in a food processor. Heat the butter until it is very hot. Give the egg mix another quick whizz. With the motor running slowly, drizzle in the very hot melted butter, then add the horseradish.
- Serve the salmon warm or cold with the hollandaise.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.