Potatoes, parsnips and beetroot are the stars of this one-pot wonder – a great way to use up leftovers from your roast dinner. It’s the perfect winter warmer and super-simple to make
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into rings
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 300g (10oz) roast potatoes and parsnips (total weight)
- 2 cooked beetroot (about 350g/12oz), cut into wedges
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based pan and add the onion rings. Cook for a few mins to soften them, then add the garlic, potatoes and parsnips. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add the beetroot. Season well and cook for 5 mins, stirring from time to time. Serve sprinkled with the chopped parsley.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.