A wholesome fish pie for 4 made with smoked haddock fillets and asparagus in a creamy hollandaise sauce
Prep time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 4 large baking potatoes, unpeeled
- 500g (1lb) skinless smoked haddock fillets, cut into chunks
- 200ml jar hollandaise sauce
- 100g (3½oz) asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbs freshly chopped dill
- 1 tbs capers
- 30g (1oz) butter, cut into small pieces
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1.25 litre (2 pint) pie dish
- Put the potatoes into a pan of boiling water, bring the water back to the boil, and then simmer for 10 mins. Drain them well.
- Set the oven to 190°C/Gas Mark 5 .
- Put the haddock, hollandaise, asparagus, dill and capers into the pie dish.
- Wearing rubber gloves (as the potatoes may still be hot), peel away the potatoes’ skins. Coarsely grate each of them in individual mounds on a chopping board.
- Use a spatula to lift each potato mound on top of the fish. Dot the butter over the potatoes and season well.
- Bake for 25 mins until the potatoes are golden, and the fish and asparagus are tender.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.