Kids and adults alike will love this Christmas cake design, featuring everyone’s favourite reindeer, Rudolph – a super simple design which is great for baking beginners
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 100g teedy-bear brown sugarpaste
- Chocolate brown edible ink pen
- 1 red Smartie
- 2 small brown candy-covered chocolate sweets
- Reindeer cookie cutters
- Knead the brown sugarpaste to soften it and roll it out on a surface lightly dusted with icing sugar. Cut out 1 large and 2 smaller reindeer shapes. If there is time, allow them to dry so they’ll be easier to draw the details on; if not, use the edible ink pen, but take care not to press too hard on the sugarpaste or it will indent.
- Mix some of the brown sugarpaste with water to give a sticky glue. Use a little to stick the red Smartie on to the largest reindeer for Rudolph’s nose and a brown sweet on to each of the smaller reindeer’s noses. Use some of the glue to position the reindeers on the cake. Wrap a ribbon around the cake.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.