Try this healthy dish of succulent salmon fillets served on a bed of tagliatelle pasta with a fresh tomato and pesto salsa.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20-25 mins
Total time: 30-35 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 100g (3½oz) green beans, trimmed
- 100g (3½oz) pasta shells, or whichever shape you like
- 2 salmon fillets, skinned
- 8 baby plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh green basil pesto
- Add the beans to a large pan of boiling salted water, bring back to the boil and cook for 2 minutes. Take them out with a draining spoon, cool them under cold running water and set aside. Bring the water back to the boil and stir in the pasta. Cook according to the instructions on the pack.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a frying pan and add the salmon, skinned-side down, and cook for 4 minutes over a medium heat to brown. Turn the fish over and cook for another 3-4 minutes. After a couple of minutes, add the blanched beans and 3 of the tomatoes, halved, and cook until heated through.
- Chop the rest of the tomatoes finely, put in a small bowl and mix in 1 tablespoon of the pesto.
- Drain the pasta, keeping a little water on it and stir in a tablespoon of pesto. Serve the salsa on the salmon, with the pasta, beans and the fried tomatoes.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.