A fast and delicious seafood pasta dish
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time:20 mins
- 350g (12oz) dried linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- Good pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 200g pack raw, peeled Indonesian king prawns
- 180g mussels in brine, drained
- 205g jar cockles (drained weight 100g)
- 2 ready roasted peppers, chopped
- 2 large gherkins or 2 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- About 60g (2oz) frozen peas
- A few basil leaves
- Cook the linguine in a large pan of salted water for about 7 minutes or according to pack instructions, Drain well, but reserve 2 tablespoons of cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the garlic and chilli flakes and after a minute, add the prawns, cook for a couple of minutes over a low heat, add the mussels, cockles, pepper pieces gherkins or capers, frozen peas and pasta water. Heat through for a couple of minutes, add the lemon zest and juice and seasoning to taste.
- Put the hot pasta in a serving dish. Spoon the seafood mixture through and top with shredded basil leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.