Forget cheese sandwiches and sausage rolls – get creative for your next picnic with this tasty salmon and potato tortilla.
Cooking time: 1 hr
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 500g (1lb) new potatoes
- 6 large eggs
- 2 level tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 140g packet smoked salmon slices or trimmings, chopped
- 20cm (8in) round ovenproof dish, well buttered and base-lined with a circle of baking parchment
- Set the oven to 180°C (gas mark 4).
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 10-12 mins or until they are just tender, then drain and leave to cool slightly before slicing them.
- Lightly beat the eggs, stir in the dill and seasoning then stir in the potatoes and salmon. Pour the mixture into the ovenproof dish.
- Bake the tortilla in the centre of oven for 35-45 mins or until the egg has just set in the centre, and the mixture is just beginning to shrink back from the sides of the dish.
- Remove the dish from the oven and leave the tortilla to cool for about 10-15 mins, then turn it out on to a board and leave to cool completely. Cut into 8 wedges and pack into a container to transport it to the picnic.
Feature: Sue McMahon. Photos: Chris Alack. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.