A rich and tasty sauce for penne pasta. This is made with chorizo, mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes with red wine. A tasty, quick and easy to cook meal for the whole family.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 125g (4oz) penne
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 200g (7oz) chorizo, sliced
- 90g (3oz) button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 100ml (3½fl oz) red wine
- 395g can cherry tomatoes
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for about 10 mins until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chorizo and cook for a few mins, stirring, until it becomes crispy. Add the mushrooms and garlic, and fry for another min, then stir in the wine and cherry tomatoes. Simmer for 5 mins. Serve on top of the penne.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.