A tempting twist on a traditional apple pastry recipe. This quick and easy apple tart is made with ready-made puff pastry then topped with apples and marzipan
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- 212.5g sheet ready-rolled puff pastry, defrosted (we used 1 of the pastry sheets taken from Jus-Rol 425g pack)
- 250g packet white marzipan, coarsely grated
- 3 eating apples, halved and cored
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1tbsp icing
- Set the oven to 200°C. Put a flat baking sheet in the oven to heat up.
- Unroll pastry on to another flat baking tray. Sprinkle marzipan over, leaving a 2.5cm (1in) border around the sides.
- Hold an apple half in a bridge shape and thinly slice. Lift up the sliced apple at the ends and position into a corner of the pastry, on top of the marzipan. Press gently, to spread the slices slightly. Repeat with the other five apple halves. Dust icing sugar over apples.
- Place tart, still on its baking sheet, on top of the preheated baking sheet, and cook for 30 mins or until the pastry is golden and the apples tender.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.