A delicious, spicy lentil and carrot soup is the perfect lunch-time snack if you’re watching your weight. At just 179 calories this tasty soup is a diet must-have
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 300g (10oz) carrots, scrubbed and chopped
- 60g (2oz) red split lentils
- 750ml (1¼ pint) hot vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soured cream (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed (optional)
- cPut the carrots into a pan with the lentils, stock, ground coriander and seasoning. Bring to the boil and simmer for 25 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Pour the soup into a blender and whizz until smooth.
- Serve topped with a spoonful of soured cream and a sprinkling of crushed coriander seeds, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.