This is a quick and easy meal to cook. Gnocchi is cooked with cubes of butternut squash. Sage leaves and parmesan cheese are added for extra flavour.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hr 5 mins
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and flesh chopped into 2.5cm (1in) cubes
- 60g (2oz) butter, cut into small pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 sage leaves, chopped
- 500g pack gnocchi
- 90g (3oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 30 x 20cm (12 x 8in) ovenproof dish, buttered
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Put the squash cubes into the dish with half of the butter. Season and sprinkle with half the sage leaves. Bake for 30 mins, until the squash is tender.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the gnocchi. Bring the water back to the boil and cook the gnocchi for 3 minutes, until they rise to the surface. Drain.
- Add the gnocchi to the squash in the dish, sprinkle with the rest of the sage, the seasoning and Parmesan, and dot with the rest of the butter. Return the dish to the oven and bake for 10 mins, until golden.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.