Easy to prepare and fast to cook without compromising on taste – try these chicken breast skewers marinated in a tomato, honey and Worcestershire sauce. They’re delicious served with a simple couscous salad
Prep time: 17 mins
Cooking time: 8 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 5tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2tbsp honey
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1tbsp oil
- 2 handfuls of pea shoots
For the salad
- 4tbsps couscous
- 1 small red onion, peeled
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1tbsp chopped chives
You will also need:
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Set the grill to medium-high. Mix the ketchup, honey, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Thread the meat on to the skewers. Season, brush with oil, and brush with the sauce.
- Put the skewers on the grill pan, under the grill, and cook for 6-8 mins, turning them occasionally brushing with the sauce.
- To make the salad: Put the couscous in a bowl. Pour in 150ml boiling water and leave until the water is absorbed. Stir in the onion, pepper, chives and seasoning. Serve the skewers with the couscous salad and pea shoots.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.