Easy, quick and delicious, this creamy spinach and stilton pasta is a great dish to make for family and friends.
- 350g(12oz) penne pasta, or other shapes, such as spirals or garganelli
- 2tbsp light olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 200ml carton crème fraîche
- 1 level tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 175g (6oz) Stilton, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g bag of baby spinach
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the pasta. Cook for 10-12 mins, or as directed on the packet.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce: Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the onion. Cook over a medium heat for 5-7 mins, stirring occasionally, until onion starts to turn pale golden. Stir in the crème fraîche and mustard and 125g (4oz) Stilton. Heat until the Stilton melts.
- Drain the pasta well and then add it to the sauce and mix well. Season. Add the spinach to the pan and continue to cook until the spinach wilts.
- Transfer the pasta to warm serving dishes and scatter the remaining Stilton cheese on top and serve immediately. (Not suitable for freezing).
Feature: Sue McMahon. Photos: Simon Pask. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.