Serve with rice for a quick meat-free meal or on the side of any Oriental dish.
Serves: 4 – 6
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 400g(14oz) spring greens or 1 pointed spring cabbage
- 4tsp sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 3tsp caraway seeds
- 1 large leek, trimmed and shredded lengthways
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Separate the cabbage leaves and remove any tough stalks. Roll up the leaves and shred them finely.
- Heat oil in a wok, add garlic and caraway seeds. Cook for about 30 secs without letting them burn or brown.
- Add the greens and leeks to the wok, and stir-fry for 6-7 mins, adding a splash of water to help steam the greens. Take off the heat and season well before serving (not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.