Couscous is cheap as chips! Just add some veg and herbs to spice it up and you’ve got a simple meal for two, under £2.
- 125g(4oz) couscous
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 1tbsp white, wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g (7oz) carton cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 level tbsp of freshly chopped mint
- 50g (1¾oz) pitted black olives, halved
- 200g packet Apetina cheese, cubed, or feta
- Sprigs of mint, to garnish
- Tip the couscous into a bowl and pour 200ml (7fl oz) boiling water over it, then stir the couscous and leave it for about 3-5 mins, or until the grains are tender. Stir in the oil and vinegar until well mixed and leave the mixture to cool.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and serve, garnished with a sprig of mint. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information is for the maximum number of servings
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.