Kick-start your day with a bowl of granola that’s packed with superfoods like poppy seeds, honey and blueberries.
- 250g (8oz) jumbo oats
- 5tbsp desiccated coconut
- 3tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 3tbsp sunflower seeds,
- 2tbsp each of sesame and poppy seeds
- 3tbsp extra virgin rapeseed oil
- 3tbsp of your favourite honey
- Greek yogurt
- 1tbsp blueberries per person
- A little honey
- Baking tray, lined with Bakewell paper
- Set the oven to gas mark 3 or 160°C. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Put the oil and honey in a small pan, and bring to a simmer until the honey is runny.
- Pour the liquid over the oat mixture and mix well then spread the mixture over the Bakewell paper on a baking tray. Bake for 25-30 mins, stirring occasionally, until oats are golden. Cool completely then pack into an airtight jar.
- Spoon as much granola as you want into a bowl. Top with a generous spoonful of yogurt, blueberries and a drizzle of honey.
Feature: Kate Moseley. Photos: Simon Pask. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.