A traditional accompaniment to fish dishes, make your own tartare sauce at home with this simple recipe – which produces a deliciously thick and tangy sauce
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 level tbsp capers, drained and chopped
- 3-4 cornichons, chopped (gherkins)
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 level tbsp chopped fresh parsley or tarragon
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Mix together all the ingredients and keep chilled until serving.
- The tartare sauce is best eaten on the day it’s made, but may be kept for up to 2 days in the fridge in a covered bowl. Stir well before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.