Make this delicious prawn curry in under an hour. Capture the flavour of the East in the comfort of your own home
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Skill level: Bit of effort
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 red pepper, deseeded, and sliced into strips
- 160ml can coconut cream
- Pinch of salt or Thai fish sauce
- 200g (7oz) raw king prawns
- 125g (4oz) Thai rice noodles
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion for a few mins, to soften. Add the garlic, Thai curry paste, potatoes, pepper and 300ml (½ pint) hot water.
- Stir in the coconut cream and salt or Thai fish sauce; simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the prawns and simmer for 5 more mins.
- Meanwhile, put the noodles in a bowl, pour in enough boiling water to cover and leave for 10-15 mins, to soften. Drain noodles and serve with the curry.
Nutritional information per portion