These bacon-wrapped apple wedges dressed with honey, Tabasco and a dash of whisky are too tasty to resist!
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 12 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 3 Jazz apples
- 3tbsp clear honey
- 8 drops of Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 2tbsp whisky
- Set the oven to gas mark 6 or 200°C. Stretch the bacon rashers with the back of a knife and cut each one in half.
- Cut each apple into 8 wedges and discard the core, then roll a piece of bacon round each one.
- Place on a non-stick baking tray. Mix the honey, Tabasco and whisky together. Spoon over the apple wedges. Bake for 10 -15 mins, turning them a couple of times. Serve hot.
Cook’s tip: These apple wedges can be prepared a few hours before serving and kept in the fridge until ready to cook.Per wedge: 48 calories, 3g fat. Not suitable for freezing.
Feature: Kate Moseley. Photos Chris Alack. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.