This tasty tart is full of Mediterranean flavours, with ripe plum tomatoes and sweet peppers, your family will love this summery recipe
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr
Total time: 1 hr 5 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 2 peppers, yellow and orange, deseeded and cut into thick strips
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 3tbsps olive oil
- 250g all-butter puff pastry
- 2tbsps chopped fresh parsley
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted
- 16-20 baby plum tomatoes, halved
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Baking sheet, lightly buttered
- Set the oven to 190°C/380°F/Gas Mark 5. Mix the pepper strips and onion wedges on a baking sheet with thyme sprigs and 2tbsp oil. Roast for 30 mins, stirring occasionally, until they’re softened.
- Meanwhile, roll out the pastry to a square, about 28cm. Cut into 4 x 14cm squares. Put them on the baking sheet. Mark a thin border around each one. Prick inside with a fork. Chill for about 30 mins.
- Raise the oven temperature to 220°C/430°F/Gas Mark 7. Spoon the pepper mixture inside the pastry border. Sprinkle with parsley and add the olives and halved tomatoes. Drizzle with the rest of the oil.
- Bake for 25 mins, below the centre of the oven. Season and drizzle with more oil, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion