A family classic! Make this tuna, sweetcorn and pasta bake in just 30 mins for a quick mid-week meal. With added mushrooms and tomatoes beneath the crunchy, cheesy topping, it’s a great way to get your kids eating their veg
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 5 medium-sized mushrooms,chopped
- 150g sweetcorn, canned or frozen
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 3tbsps tomato purée
- 300g penne pasta
- 185g can of tuna fish in sunflower oil, drained
- 25g pack of ready salted crisps
- 100g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 900ml flameproof dish
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat, then add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Stir in the sweetcorn, tomatoes and tomato purée and simmer for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir the pasta into a pan of boiling salted water and cook according to pack instructions, until just tender. Drain, then put it back in the pan. Set the grill to hot.
- Stir the pasta into the sauce, then break the tuna into large flakes and gently mix in. Spoon into the dish. Crush the crisps in the bag and sprinkle them over the top, with the cheese.
- Put the dish on a baking tray and grill for about 5 minutes until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown. Serve hot with salad or greens.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.