This tasty chicken dish, topped with olives, lemon and basil, and served with roasted vegetables contains less than 10g fat per person.
- 8large green pimiento-stuffed olives (50g/1¾ oz)
- 30g (1oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
- Zest from 1 unwaxed lemon
- 8 basil leaves, shredded
- 2tsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, 125g (4oz) each
- 1tbsp (5g) finely grated fresh Parmesan
For the roast vegetables
- 2 medium white onions, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 2 courgettes (about 400g/14oz)
- 1tbsp olive oil
- A few thyme sprigs
- 8 cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Set the oven to gas mark 6 or 200°C.
- For the roast vegetables, spread all the vegetables, except the cherry tomatoes, out in a large roasting tin, drizzle with the oil, add the thyme sprigs and roast for 40 mins, stirring a couple of times.
- Meanwhile, chop the olives and mix with the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, shredded basil leaves and oil.
- When the vegetables have been cooking for 40 mins, turn the oven temperature down to gas mark 4 or 180°C. Take out the roasting tin and push the vegetables to one side. Add the chicken breasts, skinned-side up, then press the olive mixture on top and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Roast for 15 mins.
- Add vine tomatoes and cook for another 10-15 mins. Not suitable for freezing.
Feature: Kate Moseley. Photos: Chris Alack. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.