Woman’s Weekly cookery editor, Sue McMahon, shows you how to make these dense and crunchy chocolate pecan brownies in her quick and easy video recipe.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 200g bar plain chocolate
- 250g (8oz) unsalted butter
- 4 medium eggs
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 300g (10oz) caster sugar
- 125g (4oz) plain flour
- 200g (7oz) pecan or Brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- 28 x 18cm (11 x 7in) rectangular tin, lined with baking parchment
- Set the oven to moderately hot Gas Mark 5 or 190°C/375°F.
- Melt the chocolate and leave it to cool, but not re-set.
- Beat together the butter, chocolate and vanilla extract. Lightly beat together the eggs and sugar until the mixture is slightly foamy, but is not too thick. Fold the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture then fold in the sifted flour. Finally fold in the chopped nuts. Spoon the mixture into the lined cake tin and level the surface. Bake in the centre of the oven for 30-35 minutes, until just set to the touch in the centre. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar. Cut into squares to serve.
- To freeze: make up to the stage of cooling and then wrap in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 1 month. Remove from the freezer and allow to defrost and dust with icing sugar just before serving.
To freeze: Make up to the stage of cooling and then wrap in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 1 month. Remove from the freezer and allow to defrost and dust with icing sugar just before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.