Stuffed with a cream cheese and watercress filling, these bacon-wrapped chicken breasts are too tasty for words. From our sister magazine, Woman’s Weekly. Follow along in our easy step-by-step how to video to see how it’s done.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 1 large bunch of watercress, trimmed
- 200g carton full-fat cream cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 8 rashers pancetta
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Set the oven to gas mark 6 or 200°C.
- Reserve 4 sprigs of watercress for garnish, then place the rest of watercress, the cream cheese and seasoning into a food processor and whizz until smooth. Or, chop the watercress finely and beat it into the cream cheese, with seasoning.
- Use a rolling pin to beat each chicken breast between 2 pieces of cling film, to double it in width.
- Divide the cream-cheese mixture between chicken breasts, then roll chicken up to encase filling, with the join underneath. Wrap 2 pieces of pancetta around each chicken breast.
- Place chicken in a small roasting tin and brush with olive oil. Bake in the centre of the oven for 25-30 mins, or until juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a fine skewer.
- Remove from oven and slice each breast into 3 or 4. Serve with boiled new potatoes and salad, garnished with the reserved watercress. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.