The perfect summer side dish, ready in minutes: new potatoes served warm with red onions
- 1kg (2¼lb) new potatoes, washed, halved if large
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard or 2 tbsp English mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until just soft. Drain well. Put them into a bowl, add half the oil and coat them well.
- Whisk the sugar, mustard, seasoning and vinegar, then add the rest of the oil gradually to make a thick dressing. Add
- the onion slices and leave for 5 minutes to soften.
- When ready to serve, pour the dressing over the potatoes and top with the onion slices.
Feature: Kate Moseley. Photos: Chris Alack. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.