We all love placing a wreath on our front door at Christmas, and now you can easily make your own using a little paper and some festive red buttons.
Here we’ve used a die-cutting machine to simplify the crafting process and make it a really speedy project but you can always cut out your leaves by hand if you don’t have a die-cutter.
You will need:
- Die-cutting machine
- Leaf nesting dies
- Three A4 sheets of varying green card
- Red buttons
- Tacky PVA Glue
- Wide green ribbon
How to make the paper Christmas wreath
1. Using leaf dies and a die-cutter, cut out a variety of different sized leaves in different green card.
3. In the centre of the first layer, glue the next size down leaf over the top.
4. Repeat until you’ve used up all your leaves, finishing with the smallest die-cut out. Don’t worry if the glue shows around the edges of the leaves as it will dry clear.
5. Glue the red buttons in the centre of each of the leaves, about three per leaf. Allow to dry.
6. Turn the wreath over and glue a wide piece of ribbon to the back for hanging.
7. Once dry, your paper Christmas wreath is ready to go on display for all to admire!
If you’ve enjoyed this Christmas craft tutorial, then take a look at these other festive projects: