Valentine’s Day doesn’t always have to mean spending lots of money on a gift. In fact, homemade Valentine’s gifts will have a much more personal feel and are more likely to be truly appreciated. So, we’ve got a gift idea to share with you that will allow you to literally spell out to someone how much they mean to you.
Covering some letters in bright, bold paper is a simple craft that will be treasured. Find out how to make the love letters with our step-by-step instructions, below…
You will need:
- Large letters
- Decorative thin art or tissue paper
- Decopatch or PVA glue
Valentine’s gift: How to make the paper-covered letters
- Measure the width of the inner and outer edges of your letters and cut enough thin strips from your chosen papers to cover them. Stick down using Decopatch or PVA glue.
- Lay the rest of the paper right side up, place your letters on top and draw around the outline, adding 5mm all round.
- Cut out and glue to the front of each letter, smoothing the excess paper around the edges for a neat finish.
- Add a final coating of glue over the whole letter and allow to dry thoroughly.