Looking for basket decoration ideas? Well, here’s one of our favourites that we think you’re going to love too!
Aren’t these lovely? We just love ours so thought we had better share with you, so you can make your very own dip-dyed baskets too!
Dip-dye basket decoration is everywhere and plenty of lovely things are available on the high street at the moment, but how about making your own by following our simple tips? You can use white paint as here, or you could try them in a favourite colour for a bolder finish.
The choice is yours, have fun!
- Inexpensive plain storage basket
- Water-based paint in your chosen colour
- Plastic tub or storage box (watertight)
- Pegs and string
1. Place a protective layer of newspaper on your work table and make sure you are in a well-ventilated space.
2. Pour your chosen paint into your plastic tub or storage box.
3. Carefully dip your basket into the paint, allowing the paint to come up as far as you wish.
4. Gently remove the basket, shake off any drips and hang it over newspaper (to catch any drips) using pegs and string like a washing line, then leave it to dry completely.
5. Tip any remaining paint back into your paint tin and wash your plastic tub or box thoroughly with water and soap, then leave to drip dry.
There you have it, in just four simple steps you’ve updated your basket to have a modern and sophisticated finish!
You can use your basket for lots of lovely things. We’ve used ours for all sorts, from storage solutions for towels or shoes to beach bags and flower planters! Baskets are a lovely traditional way to store all sorts and we love their timeless look and feel.