Add a homemade touch of magic to the festivities with this gorgeous felt Christmas pudding decoration
This Christmas pudding decoration will look gorgeous on any tree, or even as a little gift for someone special.
All you need is a small amount of felt and thread to get started and, with a few simple sewing tips, you might find you want to hand sew all your decorations!
- Embroidery needle
- Red embroidery thread
- Felt in green, red, white and brown
- Toy filling
- Christmas ribbon
- Red button
- Tacky PVA glue
1. Cut out three circles all the same size, two from the brown and one from the white felt.
2. Draw a wiggly line down the middle of the white circle and cut along this line to make the icing on the top of the pudding.
3. Using some tacky PVA glue, stick the white felt icing to the brown felt circles.
4. From the green felt cut out two small holly leaves and glue them to one of the Christmas puddings.
5. Position the red button on top of the holly leaves and sew in place with the red embroidery thread and needle.
6. Put the front and back puddings wrong sides together and, using the red embroidery thread and needle, blanket stitch around the edge.
Click here for a step-by-step guide to blanket stitch.
7. Pause in your stitching when you have a small gap remaining and stuff with the toy filling. Once stuffed, complete the stitching all the way around.