You’ll never lose your glasses again thanks to this brightly coloured case!
Sew your own distinctive glasses case in your favourite fabrics, using a sewing machine, and add pretty buttons. We love this floral print but you could use whatever fabric you have in your sewing basket. They’re so simple to make, once you’ve got the hang of it by making your own one you could make some extras to give to friends, as lovely handmade gifts.
- Contrasting fabrics
- Thin quilt wadding
- Sewing machine
- Fabric glue (such as UHU Textile Glue and Bostik Glu & Fix)
1. Cut two 12 x 25cm pieces of contrasting fabric and two 12 x 22cm pieces of thin quilt wadding.
2. Tack the wadding to the wrong sides of the fabric, then place the fabric right sides together and machine-stitch along three edges, leaving a short edge open. Turn and sew a 3cm seam allowance at the open end, snip corners, turn to right side and press.
3. Sew a button to the front, 7cm from the top. Loop a ribbon and sew 1cm down from the top on the back.
4. Cut a large flower, approximately 4cm wide, from the back fabric, and a slightly smaller flower from the front fabric.
5. Stick in place using a little fabric glue, finishing with a central button.