Nothing is quite as personal as a homemade greeting card - so if you have a special occassion coming up then this could be just what you're looking for
We take you through exactly how to make this beautiful handmade card – it even has a flower brooch featured that can be worn afterwards. A present and a gift in one? Genius!
This design is really feminine and would be great for Mother’s Day or a friend’s birthday.
We show you how to make a greeting card below, simply follow the steps, using the templates as a guide, and you’ll have a unique greet card to give to someone special in no time at all.
- Scraps of felt in two shades of pink and green
- Stranded cotton embroidery thread in pink
- Embroidery needle
- A 15mm pink button
- Coloured card in sky blue, apple green, fuchsia and pale pink
- Pink spot card (or an extra button)
- PVA glue
- Brooch bar
- Fabric scissors
- Paper scissors
1. To make the brooch, print out the templates below to your desired size. Then cut out five decreasing circles and two leaves from your chosen colour felt.
2. Sew the leaves onto the back of the largest circle, using the (top) picture as a guide.
3. Then sew the brooch bar onto the back of the circle and leaves.
4. Pin the biggest circle beneath the next size down. Catch the two circles together by working running stitch around the edge of the smaller circle, and around the leaves.
4. Lay the three remaining felt circles on top of each other in order of size, and pin together. Begin sewing your button on top, stitching through the three layers, then place the two halves of the brooch together and continue stitching through all five layers to complete the brooch.
5. Tracing the templates below, cut the stalk and two sets of leaves from felt. The stalk can be any length, depending on how high you want the flower and brooch to be on the card.
6. To make the card, cut a 20cm (or whatever size is relevant depending on the size of your flowers and brooch) square from sky blue card and fold in half. Applying a thin layer of PVA glue, stick the felt stalk and leaves in position on the card and leave to dry.
7. For the smaller flower, cut four decreasing circles, a stalk and leaves from coloured card. Cut the inner circle in the contrast spot card (or use a button). Applying a thin layer of glue to the back of each piece, stick the stalk in position, followed by the leaves and then the layered circles. Leave this to dry.
8. Position the brooch on the card, mark the length of the brooch bar, make two small holes in the card and pin the brooch through the holes to attach.
There you have it – how to make a gorgeous greeting card that has a special personal touch!