So simple to make, these beautifully presented bath salts make a wonderful gift
Create your own homemade spa with these little jars of relaxation, guaranteed to make bathtime all the more blissful! So run yourself a warm bath and get ready for a soothing soak as we show you how easy it is to make them.
You will need
- Epsom salts
- Essential oils
- Food colouring
- Glass bottles
- Little spoons
- Gift tag
- Letter stamps and ink
Making The Bath Salts
1. Take the glass bottle or jar you intend to use – special bottles, like the ones you’ll find in junk shops are ideal, just make sure you clean and dry them thoroughly before using – pop a funnel in the top and pour in the Epsom salts to measure. Once the bottles are full, pour the salts into a bowl.
2. Carefully add a drop at a time of essential oil until you have the desired strength of scent, for example, lavender is soothing, rose oil is relaxing.
Always use less to begin with and you can then always add more but you can’t take oil away onced dropped in. Do check your oil is suitable for use on the skin before using.
3. To give the salts gorgeous colours, you can also add a drop or two of food colouring, stirring with the spoon so all the salts are covered evenly.
Be careful not to add too much – a little goes a long way, as you don’t want to dye whoever bathes in it!
4. Then place the funnel back in the top of the bottle and then decant the scented salts back in.
5. Hand-stamp (or you can write) the scent you’ve used on a tag, then tie round the neck of the bottle with twine, like ours.
You can personalise the bottles of bath salts to give as gifts – perfect for Christmas and birthdays.