Make a special card to give this Easter with our so easy Chick and Bunting designs. So simple, you can even get the children to help you
Give your loved ones special, handmade cards this Easter. Here we show you how to make two simple designs.
To make an Easter chick card
- Prefolded blank card and envelope
- Vilene Bondaweb paper
- Printed cotton fabric 20cm x 20cm x2 different prints
- One Skein of Anchor stranded cotton
- Fine black marker
1. Iron on the paper to the reverse of your of the printed fabric.
2. Using the templates trace the chicks onto the paper side of the fabric. Cut a stripe of the fabric to create a border frame on your card.
3. Peel off the backing paper and sew a French knot for the chicks eyes using the embroidery thread.
4. Position the chicks onto the card and quickly iron in to place using a dry iron . Do not leave the iron on the card longer than a few seconds as the card will warp. Repeat the process for the border of the card.
5. Complete the card using the pen to create legs on your chick.
To make a bunting Easter card
- Polka dot blank cards
- Patterned paper
- Cutting mat
1. Fold one A4 piece of card in half. Cut out one triangle to your desired size form your patterned paper. Use this as a template to create lots more bunting flags which are the same size in different papers. Make sure you have enough to write your message on.
2. Draw a line across the card to look like the bunting string. Glue along the top of each bunting flag to stick it down just below the line. Lift up the pointed bottom so it looks like it’s blowing in the wind.
3. Write a “Happy Easter” message along the flags, using each one for one letter.
Craft tip: Make sure you have enough flags to write your message on.