It’s so easy to lose your needles so keep them safe in one place with this pretty needle case. Made with gorgeous printed fabrics, easy stitches and a tassel, you’ll be proud to show it off!
Pop in your handbag so you can quickly deal with a split seam or drooping hem – and definitely carry this handy item in your suitcase when you head off on holiday, just remember the thread too!
In fact, we like to thread each of our needles with a little thread while storing them in their case, just to make sure we’re ready in a sewing emergency!
A needle case also makes a attractive gift, who wouldn’t want to be presented with this gorgeous handmade needle case? Just follow our simple step-by-step instructions below to get started.
- Adhesive fabric paper
- Fabric felt tip pen
- Embroidery Thread
- Basic thread
- Yellow felt
- Pretty fabric, for the outside of the case
1. Firstly cut a 9.5 x 8cm piece of adhesive fabric paper. Cut two rectangles of same size out of the fabric you’ve chosen to make your case from.
2. Take one of the pieces of fabric and write the word ‘Needles’, in your fabric pen, across one of the shorter sides and use this as a template to embroider over.
3. Stick the cover pieces back to back, using the fabric paper, sandwiching in a length of ribbon to create the ties.
4. Finish the edges with a row of blanket stitch.
5. Cut an 8.5 x 7cm piece of yellow felt and stitch to the inside, down the spine, using pink embroidery thread and finish with a little tassel.
We told you it was simple! Now all that is left to do is to pop it in your bag and use it to make lots of lovely sewing projects.