We show you how to sew these charming Christmas tree decorations in just three easy steps
Add the personal touch to your Christmas tree decorations this year and decorate it with these charming ice skates.
We will take you through the simple steps you’ll need to follow to create your own ice skates.
They are so simple to make and you’ll be able to whip them up in no time!
You’ll be able to make these with leftover materials from other craft projects too, helping to ease up a bit more room, in what we bet is your busting sewing and craft cupboard.
If you’ve already got your fair share of Christmas tree decorations then you could use them as wrapping accessories.
Tie them onto friend’s and family’s presents along with a quick wrap-round of ribbon or twine for a personal and stylish finish.
This craft gives quick results, which is perfect if you don’t have much time between thinking about Christmas pudding and getting presents for everyone ready!
Follow the simple step-by-step guide below to make your own skates…
- Red felt
- Dressmaker’s pencil or chalk
- Green embroidery thread or wool
- Paper clip
1. Cut a 5 x 7cm strip of red felt and fold in half, short edges together.
With the folded edge facing down, draw a boot shape with a dressmaker’s pencil or chalk and cut out, making sure to keep the fold intact.
2. Using blanket stitch, sew up both sides of the boot with green embroidery thread or wool, leaving a small gap to slide in a paper clip.
Make a loop of thread at the top of the boot and tie a small bow.
3. Wrap round a small length of lace and stitch them all in place. And finally, slide in a paper clip to make the ice-skate blade, then repeat to make a pair.