Add a little romance to the festive season with these gorgeous Christmas hearts
They’re simple to put together and smell divine, these Christmas hearts are a lovely craft project for the holiday season.
We love the scent of lavender but a spicy Christmas dried potpourri would also be perfect to add to the filling for an added festive twist.
These make a lovely little homemade gift if you’re stuck for what to buy people.
Be different this year and hang these fragrant hearts on your Christmas tree – they’re too pretty to hide away in your wardrobe! Although, once Christmas has come and gone they do make excellent drawer scent bags.
If you’re feeling ambitious then you could always embroider text onto each heart for seasonal greetings, like Merry Christmas or Peace and Love.
You could add little bells onto each heart too, for added jingle! They’ll ring nicely when brushed against on the Christmas tree and liven up your living room.
Use fabrics to match your overall Christmas theme, we love traditional red and cream but other nice colour combinations include green and gold, purple and silver or red and green. Just pick your favourite colours and then you’ll be sure to love the finished product!
- Matching thread
- Dried lavender or alternative scented filler
1. Cut out two heart shapes, approx. 15cm deep and wide, from fabric and pin a section of ribbon showing a Merry Christmas logo centrally on one of them.
2. Pin the two right sides together and stitch around the edge, leaving a 2.5cm seam allowance and a small gap for stuffing. Turn the right sides out and stuff with wadding, adding dried lavender or your choice of potpourri for scent.
3. Stitch the opening closed. Attach a loop of the Christmas ribbon to the top for hanging.
4. Hang on your christmas tree!