Measurements: Approximately 170 x 35cm/67 x 13¾in.
Materials needed for the crochet scarf
- 5 x 50g (190m) bobbins of Bergere De France Sirene (100% polyamide) in Heliodor (253.461). You can buy this yarn online from the Woman’s Weekly shop.
- Size 2.50 crochet hook.
- Note: Yarn amounts are based on average requirements and are therefore approximate. Instructions in square brackets are worked as stated after 2nd bracket.
- Ch, chain; st, stitch; tr, treble; slst, slip stitch.
How to make the crochet scarf
- With 2.50 hook, make 607ch.
- Foundation row: 1tr in 5th ch from hook (counts as 2tr), 1tr in each of next 7ch,
- [26ch, miss next 26ch, 1tr in each of next 9ch] to end, turn.
- 1st row: Slst in each of first 4tr, 6ch, slst in 2nd ch from hook, slst in each of next 2ch, 1tr in each of next 2tr, [32ch, miss 3tr, 26ch and next 3tr, 1tr in each of next 3tr] to last 3 sts, turn.
- 2nd row: 6ch, 1tr in 5th ch from hook, 1tr in next ch, [1tr in each of next 3tr, 1tr in each
- of next 3ch, 26ch, miss next 26ch, 1tr in each
- of next 3ch] to last 6 sts, 1tr in each of last 2tr, 1tr in each of last 4 sts, turn.
- Repeat last 2 rows until work measures 35cm from beginning, ending with 2nd pattern row. Fasten off.
For more patterns to crochet and knit, visit our Knitting & Crochet pages.