Is your partner a knitter?
Being able to knit is an amazing skill. Knitters should be loved and cherished by their other halves because…
1. They’re full of so much knitting love that they’ll sit through almost anything on the telly as long as they can knit – football, documentaries about tractors, even the cricket!
2. Everyone’s always in awe of the mind-bogglingly clever things they make!
3. There’s always a woolly tea cozy on hand so your tea doesn’t get cold.
4. They’re not needy and attention-seeking because they’re NEVER bored!
5. No-one in the family is ever chilly. Shawls, blankets, balaclavas, socks, cosy cardigans. You name it, then can knit it.
6. They’re experts in super-cute personalised gift ideas, such as baby bootees, which make everyone go: ‘Ahhhhhhh!’
7. A knitter’s home is always weirdly insulated (although we can’t imagine why wall-to-wall yarn hasn’t caught on as a style statement).
8. If you’re good to them, tailored handknits in statement colours may very well be in your future. Looking sharp!
9. Their antics definitely keep the cat busy. Sweet dreams, puss.
10. No-one they know ever has to go shopping for a Christmas jumper.
11. If you’ve got an itch, they’ve always got a whole stash of needles to scratch it with.
12. They are excellent multi-taskers.
13. Play your cards right and they’ll even teach you how to do it yourself.
14. If you need a cute lucky toy charm for the dashboard of your car, they have quite a selection for you to pick from.
All the patterns you see above (except the galloping horse, we’re afraid) are available to purchase from The Knitting Network. UK customers can also order by phone on 0800 024 1212.
Knitting is a very therapeutic and relaxing activity! Beginners can watch our how-to video for picking up dropped stitches.
Will you be taking up knitting?