Peas, mint and marinated anchovies make a lovely fresh and healthy topping for toast – perfect for a light lunch or starter served with pea shoots or rocket
Prep time: 8 mins
Cooking time: 2 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 125g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche
- 6 mint leaves
- 16 marinated anchovy fillets
- Pea shoots or rocket, to garnish
- 2 slices wholemeal bread, toasted
- Cook the peas in boiling water for 3 minutes, drain and return to the pan. Add the crème fraiche and mint leaves and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Whizz with a stick blender to make a rough purée.
- Spread over the toast and top with 16 marinated anchovy fillets. Garnish with pea shoots or rocket.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.