This is a quick and easy meal to prepare especially during a busy mid-week. The stir-fry vegetables are pre-cut and even the rice is ready cooked, all you have to do is stir-fry!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 4 tbsp teryaki sauce
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 level tsp wasabi powder or paste, optional
- 200g (7oz) frozen raw prawns
- 2 tbsp oil
- 240g pack stir-fry vegetables
- 300g pack ready cooked rice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Mix the teryaki sauce with the lime zest and 1 tsp of the wasabi powder or paste, if using, in a bowl. Add the prawns, coat them well and leave for 5-10 mins to marinate.
- Heat a wok or frying pan over a high heat, add 1 tbsp of oil, then add the vegetables and stir-fry for 3-4 mins, or as the pack instructions state.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in the microwave for 2 mins, following the pack instructions.
- Tip the vegetables into a hot bowl.
- Add the rest of the oil to the hot wok. Put the prawns in the wok in one layer, shaking the marinade back into the bowl as you do it. Cook for a couple of mins until pink on one side, turn them and cook for 1 min on the other side.
- Serve the rice on the plates, then arrange the vegetables and prawns on top.
- Add the other tsp of wasabi paste, if using, to leftover marinade along with the soy sauce, 2 tbs water and lime juice, to taste. Pour into the wok, heat through, and then spoon over the prawns to serve.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.