Had a busy day and want a super speedy meal? Our Asian steak salad makes the perfect quick dinner. It’s so simple to make, ready in just 15 mins and includes chips – so the kids will love it!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- A little vegetable oil
- 150-175g piece fillet steak, rump or rib-eye steak
- 2 handfuls of frozen thin chips (200g) to serve (we used McCain Crispy French Fries)
- 2tsp frozen Thai mixed herbs
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and finely chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2tsp runny honey
- 2tsp toasted sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 1 large Little Gem lettuce
- 2.5cm piece cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- Set the grill to hot and heat the grill pan for 5 mins. Heat a wok or frying pan. Rub a little oil on the steak and fry it for 2-3 mins on each side, depending on the thickness. Remove from pan, wrap in foil and set aside.
- Spread the chips out on the grill pan and cook for 8-10 mins, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, mix the Thai herbs, spring onion, lime juice and honey, then whisk in the oil.
- Separate the lettuce leaves, wash them, dry on kitchen paper and divide between the plates. Scatter the cucumber and radishes over.
- Slice the meat and arrange on the salad. Drizzle the dressing over and serve with the chips.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.