Fancy a treat for pudding? The whole family will love these warm bananas topped with chocolate, cream and nuts
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 6 ripe bananas
- About 4-6 level tbsp clear honey, preferably in a squeezy bottle
- 150g bar chocolate
- Aerosol cream
- 1-2 tbsp chopped, roasted hazelnuts
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C.
- Place the unpeeled bananas directly on the oven shelf and bake them for 15-20 minutes or until they have blackened all over. Carefully remove the bananas from the oven – they’ll be extremely hot.
- Using a sharp knife, make a slit in the bananas, and then mash down the flesh in the centre slightly with a fork.
- Squeeze, or spoon, some honey inside the slit.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place some inside each banana skin. Place a banana on each plate and pipe a swirl of aerosol cream on the side. Sprinkle chopped nuts over the banana and cream. Serve immediately.
Top tip: Use your favourite type of chocolate in this recipe – for adults, you might want to try a rich, dark chocolate; children usually prefer sweeter, milk chocolate.
Also, try using a nutty chocolate or one containing fruit and nuts, to add more texture to the banana mash.Feature: Sue McMahon. Photos: frankthephotographer.com. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.