A really quick and easy dessert which makes the most of ripe summer peaches
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 4 peaches, halved, and stones removed
- 150ml (¼ pint) dessert wine (we used Browns Orange Muscat Flora)
- 30g (1oz) macaroons, amaretti biscuits, or ratafia biscuits, crushed
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbsp runny honey
- 15g (½oz) butter, softened
- 125g (4oz) redcurrants
- 200g pot clotted cream
- Heat the oven to gas mark 6 or 200°C. Arrange the halved peaches, cut-side up, in an ovenproof dish and pour the dessert wine over.
- Mix the crushed biscuits with the cinnamon, honey and butter. Spoon the filling into each peach half.
- Scatter the redcurrants over the top and bake for 15 mins, until the peaches are tender. Serve with dollops of clotted cream.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.