A wonderfully tasty, warming winter meal. Tender chicken thighs in a spicy sauce, served with couscous, peas and good-for-you spinach. The whole family will love it!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, secured together with cocktail sticks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2tbsp medium curry powder
- 1tbsp paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- 4tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1tbsp malt vinegar
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 350g (12oz) couscous
- 450ml (¾ pint) hot chicken stock
- 300g (10oz) frozen peas
- 200g (7oz) baby spinach leaves
- 4 litre (6½ pint) casserole dish
- Put the chicken into the casserole dish. Season and add the curry powder, paprika, garlic, onion, coriander, vinegar and oil, and mix well. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 20 mins, or a few hours, if you have time.
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Pour over 300ml (½ pint) water. Cover and bake the chicken for 45 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous into an ovenproof serving dish and pour over the stock. Add some salt, then stir and leave for 5 mins until the stock is absorbed.
- Add the frozen peas and spinach leaves. Cover with foil and bake for 10 mins while the chicken is cooking. Serve the chicken on top of the couscous and pour over the juices.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.