Want to try something a little different for breakfast? Start your weekend with these cheesy baked tomatoes served with toasted ciabatta
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 4 medium-sized ripe tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- About 8 fresh basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60g (2oz) mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 level tsp cumin seeds
- 8 slices of ciabatta
- Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Put the tomato halves, cut-side up on a baking tray. Spoon over half of the oil. Snip the basil leaves over, season and sprinkle with the cheese and cumin seeds. Place in the oven and bake for 5 mins.
- Drizzle the rest of the oil over one side of the ciabatta slices. Put them, oiled-side up, in the oven, on the tray with the tomatoes. Bake for a further 10-15 mins, turning the bread halfway through cooking.
- Place the tomato halves on the toasted ciabatta slices and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.