A slow-cook special: meltingly tender shredded chicken marinaded in BBQ sauce. The ultimate BBQ chicken recipe!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 5 hrs
Total time: 5 hrs 5 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- Small chicken, about 1.25-1.5kg (2¾–3lb)
- 6-8 tbsp barbecue sauce
- Baps, sliced tomato and coleslaw, to serve
- Wash the chicken and pat it dry with kitchen paper. Place it in the slow-cook pot. Set the pot to a medium/high heat, and cook the chicken for 4-5 hours, or until the juices run clear when the flesh is pierced with a skewer.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, take the skin off and then pull the flesh off the bones — it should be so tender, this will be easy to do.
- Stir the chicken into the barbecue sauce and serve in baps with sliced tomatoes and a little extra sauce drizzled over, if liked. Serve with coleslaw.
Nutritional information per portion
fat 7.0g saturates 5.0g calories 307(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.