This healthy steak salad with peppers, courgettes, beetroot and rocket and chard leaves contains less than 10g fat per person.
Skill level:Easy peasy
- 150g(5oz) rump steak, trimmed of all fat
- 2½ tsp olive oil
- ½ red and ½ yellow pepper, deseeded and halved
- 1 large courgette, trimmed and cut into 8 long, thin slices
- 4-6 cooked baby beetroot, cut into wedges
- Handful of rocket and chard leaves per person
- 4tsp sweet chilli sauce, for serving
- Rub the steak on both sides with ½ tsp of the oil and leave at room temperature for 10 mins, then cook it on a hot griddle for 2-3 mins each side. Set aside for 10 mins on a plate.
- Brush the vegetable strips with the rest of the oil and griddle until browned and tender. Arrange them on 2 warm plates.
- Cut the steak into thin slices and arrange among the vegetables, with the beetroot wedges. Add rocket and chard leaves, and serve with a little dish of chilli sauce, for dipping. (Not suitable for freezing).
Feature: Kate Moseley. Photos: Chris Alack. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.