Quick, easy and inexpensive soups that are nourishing and tasty. Ideal for 2-4 people for a snack, lunch or starter.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 1 jar of beetroot in vinegar, drained (drained weight about 230g /71/2 oz)
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 300ml (1/2 pint) hot vegetable stock
- Greek yogurt and parsley, to serve
- Put the beetroot, onion, garlic and stock in a pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins.
- Blend until smooth. Serve warm with a dollop of yogurt and a few parsley leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.