A refreshing cucumber, raspberry and blueberry salad with crab meat. It has a raspberry vinegar dressing. Can be eaten as a main or an accompaniment.
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 1 cucumber
- 8-12 small radishes
- About 90g (3oz) raspberries
- About 60g (2oz) blueberries
- 200g (7oz) crab meat
- Handful of fresh parsley leaves
- A little finely sliced radicchio, optional
For the dressing:
- 2 tbs raspberry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 4 tps light olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To make the dressing: Whisk the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Cut the cucumber in half and use a swivel-headed vegetable peeler to shave ribbons off each half into a large bowl. Add thinly sliced radishes and the fruit, and toss gently with half the dressing. Arrange the salad on 4 or 6 plates.
- Spoon crab meat on top and garnish with parsley leaves and radicchio, if using. Drizzle the rest of the dressing over each portion.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.